Friday, September 19, 2008

I had a scare on my bike this morning

I was riding instead of running to do something different. I was almost finished with my ride and was going as fast as I could and I was going down hill. It was really cool. The speed limit right there is 35 and the cars passing me weren't "out of here" like normal. It was actually taking them some time to get past. Like I said really cool. It's a residential area btw.

Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw something grey dart out of the woods. (Think someone's wooded back yard.) It hit my front wheel and then my foot on the down stroke. I was waiting to fall over and flip head over heals on the road. AND for the car behind me (you know the one you can't hear but just has to be back there) to hit me. I stopped all pedaling and just held on for dear life. Thankfully, the squirrel (I think it was a squirrel) didn't have enough force behind him to knock me over. I just rode on as if nothing had happened. Not even a bobble. Just terrified.

I get the feeling that my wheel was going so fast, he didn't see the spokes and thought he could go straight through. If that's the case, he has a great sense of timing.

No comments: