I gave the kids 14 clues to try and put it together. The clues were all over the house. I did make some rather obscure and tried to throw them off the "scent". It worked - they had no idea until clue #14. Can you guess what their gift is?
1. On the Wii - It's something we all have to share.
2. On the dryer - We have to get a dog sitter.
3. On the piano - We will be flying.
4. On the fireplace - It will last 8 days.
5. In the linen closet - Pack your swimsuit, our hotel is in the tropics.
6. In the office - It's gonna be tight - all in one room.
7. In the pantry - But don't worry. There's lots of space all day long.
8. Near the DVDs - We will leave in 26 days!
9. In the coat closet - Our days will start early and end late.
10. On the china cabinet - We can watch the fireworks on the beach.
11. On my stereo - We will visit old friends and make new ones.
12. By the front door - We can visit Tom and Becky.
13. In the garage - We can visit Alice and Mary.
14. In Dad's pocket - for us this is the gimme clue if they didn't know it by now - We don't go to have fun. We go to spend lots and lots of money.
Did you guess? K had an idea and then got thrown off by a few clues. She knew we were going somewhere and she didn't care where! At one point dh said that he thought he knew where we were going but now he wasn't so sure.
Let me explain a few clues in case you are lost.
5. Hotel in the tropics - not really but the setting is tropical. We are staying at the Polynesian.
9. Start early, end late - the kids don't really have bedtimes there.
10. You cans ee the fireworks on the beach at the hotel. They pipe in the music. This is important as K is sensitive to noise.
11. Old friends and new - when you know where we are going it makes sense.
12. Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher
13. Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins.
14. This is what dh says all the time we are there.
Give up? Or do you know? We are taking the kids to Disney World!