Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Book 8

Breaking Free by Beth Moore

I had this book up on my bookshelf. I have no idea when or why I bought it. I picked it up because it is the book that goes along with the Bible study I am doing at SEEK. We split the study into 2 semesters so I needed a review before we started spring semester. I picked up this book. But I didn't read only the parts we studied last semester. I read the whole thing. :-) I figure the more the word washes over me the more I'll get what I need to get. Less forgetting and going my own way, you know. The subtitle is "Discover the Victory if Total Surrender". She lays out 5 benefits to submitting to God. There's part that describes the benefits, part that explains what keeps us from the benefits and part how to live out the benefits. If you are willing to do the work, it's a good study. Would I recommend the book? Yes, but I think the Bible study is better. You don't need one if you have the other.

No comments: