Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 - 52 books in 52 weeks

I'm trying this again. I didn't get much more than maybe 20 books last time. Maybe this year will work out better.

The thought is to read 52 books in 52 weeks. You can re-read an previously read book, but not one you've read this year. I'm already a little late with this book. I should have finished yesterday. :-) We'll see how this year goes.

Books 1 - The Crucible by Aurthur Miller.
This is on Katie's literature list for this year. It's actually a play. On the surface it's about the Salem witch trials but it was written in reaction to the McCarthy "Red Scare". I can see how it fits both. And it's scary how someone can take something so far! It was hard to read in places at the trust put in the wrong people and how judges wouldn't listen to reason.
Recommended - not really.

No comments: